Thursday, October 3, 2013

I Just Want To Go To College

(Ummm I just reread this and its kinda ranty so you should listen to this while you read. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muto1kBPFg )


So being a senior is pretty great. So far its been the best and worst year of high school. Something great about it is Senioritis. Whats great about Senioritis? You don't do any work. Know what sucks about Senioritis? You don't do the work. So there's that.

For about the past 2 months I've been heading down the college app road. And it sucks. Like it is literally the worst. They keep asking me to give them my grades. Can I just skip that part? Yeah that'd be great. Why can't this be like Legally Blonde where all I have to do is send in a head shot? I'm actually not kidding. And if someone else tells me that really this isn't a big deal, I'm sorry but prepared to be slapped.

And then there's the whole part of dealing with not getting accepted somewhere. How do people deal with that? Since public rejection is not really my favorite thing, I have no idea what to do. So if by the time all the acceptances are rolling around and you don't hear from me, you can safely assume that I'm in a dark corner somewhere sobbing and eating a Chick-fil-A mocha milkshake. Have you guys had that? Stop what you are doing right now and go get one. It's life changing.

If you see me in a t-shirt that has some sort of college thing on it, please don't assume that that is where I'm going. ASK ME. Trust me, I'll talk your ear off about how I have no idea where in the heck I'm going to end up. Mehhh that sounds a tad bit harsh. Deal.

Annnnnnnnd lastly, I'm going to tell you what brought on this tirade.

I was walking out of school today and about to drink some coke zero, when a very nice lady came up to me. See, heres where it gets awkward. I had no idea what her name was. Anyway, we exchanged pleasantries and I was trying to walk away so I could drink my coke in peace, and then she asked the question that I hate to answer because it always ends up with some sort of college question or them telling me to go to the school they went to. "Hows your senior year going?"
Ugh how about no. I told her it was actually great and then I waited for the inevitable pep talk for college. To say that she blindsided me is an understatement. She proceeded to tell me that after your senior year, its all downhill. "Senior years pretty much it. Live it up. But its also the most important year of your life." And then she walked away. Someone should write a book on what not to say to seniors applying to schools, with rule number 1 being DONT SAY WHAT THAT LADY SAID.


I'm just stressed. I love you all. But please. Just get me a milkshake.



I need to put a picture here. I did Lizzie Trumbo's seior pics and I really hope they turned out ok.


Keep Smiling!
-Maddie 


No comments:

Post a Comment