So today I went to Best Buy to have a chat with the Geek Squad guys about my dead computer. They really are lovely people. They deserve a medal. And a bottle of Head & Shoulders because they all had wicked dandruff. Anyway, so while I was waiting in line, this guy got in line behind me. His phone rang (the ringtone was My Humps, so that was strike one) and he picked up. I started listening to the convo because duh what else am I supposed to do in Best Buy? Pretty much the best decision I've made possibly ever. I assumed he was talking to his girlfriend because he called her baby. Anyway, as I was hardcore creeping on the guy, he just starts talking really fast and soon I was under the impression that hes breaking up with his girlfriend. On the phone. In Best Buy. Who does that?
I was dying to know what this guys problem was, then he said it. The most cliche phrase on this planet.
"Its not you. Its me."
He said it. I thought people only did that in really bad sitcoms. So then I had to see who this guy was. I turned my head in the super stealthy, I'm-people-watching-please-don't-notice way and was visually assaulted. He was wearing yellow crocs. YELLOW CROCS. And cargo shorts. I was feeling bad for the girl getting dumped, but not so much anymore. She's probably relieved that she doesn't have to deal with this guys holey footwear anymore.
By this time, pretty much everybody in line and behind the counter knew what was going on. I walked up to beg for some help with my computer and while the girl was looking over it, she started to make small talk about Crocs and Cargo Shorts behind me. We bonded over our mutual hate for him. It was great.
And that was it.
Completely unrelated, has anybody seen Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus? If not, I'd say don't because thats not where sledge hammers were ever meant to be. But just a random thought. Ok so isn't filming a video like that awk? I mean when shes swinging on that wrecking ball, didn't everyone on set cringe? I'd just be all uhh I don't know how to respond to this situation. I think she has a great voice in the song, but swinging half-clad on construction equipment is kinda where I draw the line.
Lastly, from now on I'm going to have to post a picture in every post because if I don't then when I link it to Facebook, a picture from a previous post will be the picture for the link. The pics will most likely have nothing to do with the post. I'm just going to post them. If anybody knows how to fix this, let me know because clearly I have no idea what I'm doing with computers.
Keep Smiling!
-Maddie
No comments:
Post a Comment