Saturday, November 2, 2013

Cancer Sucks

I meant to write this last month but oh well. Better late than never.

Five years ago, I was in 7th grade. I really don't remember much about 7th grade because it was just rough all around. Thank you Jesus that I don't look like I did then. But one thing I do remember is the day when I found out my mom had cancer. I remember my mom and dad sitting in the living room and calling my brothers and me in. That was serious because we never use that room for anything ever. I don't remember what they said because that was a blur. All I knew was my mom had cancer. 

It was weird. I had always thought that when someone got cancer, they would just look different. Like you could see the cancer. But no she was still mom. She never had to do chemo but she did have to do radiation. But that still sucked. She would come home from the treatments and go straight to bed. 

I never heard her complain once. 

And here we are, 5 years later and no cancer. God is good.

My mom is a beautiful woman. And no, I'm not writing this because I'm trying to suck up to her or get her to let me have a later curfew. I'm writing this because she is the best. I don't think you guys understand. I love that she asks me if her outfit matches. I love that we swap shoes. I love that when Free Bird comes on the radio, she turns it up as loud as it'll go. Happy belated birthday mom. I love you.


1 comment: