Thursday, May 9, 2013

Welcome to May: If I survive this, I deserve a medal

Um so I'm about to complain. A lot.

There should be a warning label on junior year, saying something to the effect of "you might die." I don't know, I just feel like it would've helped some. Maybe not. Everybody says junior year is hell, so naturally I was like pft dude watch me own this.

HOLY CRAP NO.

The only way to describe this year:


Suffering because you're literally drowning in work and every time you feel like you're coming up for air you get slammed in the face with a tsunami of textbooks and papers. And you'll be happy about it because all of this work means you'll get into college. Hopefully. Oh sweet baby Jesus asleep in the manger I just want to go to college.

So far this month, I've taken the SAT, given a speech, taken a physics test that took at least a year off my life, and dealt with people. Wait. Nope. Those all happened within 5 days of each other. While yes, I realize that when I go to college it's going to be like this alll the time, I believe that it is 104% ok to rant about it. And now that I look at what I just typed it doesn't seem that big. asdfghjkl.

1. Social Life
2. School
3. Sleep
Pick two.
Someone said this to me this week and all I could think about was if I could just sleep for eternity or have a continual supply of caffeine shots (I don't think that's an actual thing, but whatever), then problem solved. I would willingly spend exorbitant amounts of money to have a Starbucks built in the middle of our one hallway at school. Once again, problem solved.

ANNNNND last but not least, exam week is coming up. So. Fun.

Exam week is like running down a trail and you see a massive brick wall coming up ahead. You begin to think of ways to avoid it.
1. Run around it but then realize this thing is like the freaking Great Wall of China and it goes on forever.
2. Hope it moves. Nope.
3. Run right into it because its not going anywhere. You slowly bludgeon your head against it, and when you think you're about to lose consciousnesses the wall just disappears and you fall on your face and sleep because its all over.

Thats about it.

Keep smiling,
-Maddie

P.S. I quoted Steinbeck, you uncultured swines. I'm smart. Find it.
Also, I love Toy Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment