Oops.
Well now it’s April. Spring right? NO. I love living in
Richmond and really have nothing to compare it to, but come on get your act
together RVA. What is this? Winter sucks. Let’s get some heat up in here.
Anyway, when it does feel like spring outside, it’s wonderful.
The sun warming (and burning) my albino whiteness, the wind whipping through my
hair making it look like a swallows nest, and the POLLEN. Nothing like seeing a
nice layer of yellow on everything to cheer you up. Yum.
Despite those lovely aspects of my favorite season, I have
yet to mention my most favorite part.
Caterpillars.
There’s nothing like walking under a tree and getting
assaulted in the face by those little, squishy things. You walk under the tree,
not suspecting the impending attack and then BAM they fling their squirming
bodies at you. It’s like they enjoy it.
There aren’t a whole bunch of things that bother me, but
these little vermin take the cake. I was babysitting earlier this week and the
weather was nice enough to take the kids out. We went out in the yard where the
kids played soccer and I sat on the sidelines, every now and then telling the
kids that there was no head locking the other goalie in soccer. During a popsicle
break, I was picking up the trash from the kids when one of those little green
bugs decided to land on me. I flipped. I didn't want that thing on me. After I
got it off, the kids were looking at me like I'd grown a 3rd arm. Then they all
just grinned. They then proceeded to pick up the nearest caterpillar and chase
me with it.
It wasn’t real big on dignity. Then I remembered I was the adult. I’m a
great babysitter.
But actually, I love spring and everything that it brings. Just
not caterpillars.
Keep Smiling
-Maddie
No comments:
Post a Comment