So this post is for specific little stories that happened. I really hope I can remember them. We were supposed to have a team blog and I was supposed to help update it when we (finally) got to London. Well when we got there, a leader told us that I couldn't update it now but tomorrow would be fine. Then the next day, the same answer was issued. Then the next day. And the next. And thus the blog fell apart. While I was supposed to update the team blog, I was going to write on this one as well so that didn't work either. So now I'm going to try my best to remember the things I saw. These stories are going to be pretty random and might not make a lot of sense but bear with me.
Public Transportation
Ok so we had just got on the tube with our luggage and we got our first taste of where we were going to be spending the next week. Also, we were so loud. Like people moved to another place to sit we were so loud. But one guy didn't move. He was this little Asian man sitting right across from me and Emma. We didn't think much of it because there really were no more seats left to avoid the loud Americans. So there we were, playing card games, laughing and trying to stave off the suckfest that is jet lag. While we were in the middle of a game of go fish, the Asian guy took a camera out of his man purse and started taking pictures of me and Emma. I didn't think much of it at first but then he just kept on with the pictures. Finally I just looked at him until he stopped. He then took out this little notebook and started writing. He did that for about 20 minutes. And thats the end of my story of the first 30 minutes in London.
Day 1
This is pretty much how the first day went. Every time we went on a bus or sat down or stopped moving, someone was asleep. It felt like a joke when someone would tell me it was actually 1 p.m.. They had to be lying because it felt like midnight, but really I didn't care because I was in London and I was pumped. I have never been so simultaneously exhausted and excited in my life.
We walked.
And we walked.
And we walked.
But it was great.
Westminster Abbey
So we had just come from Buckingham Palace, which was beautiful and like walking into a movie, and turned a corner and there it was.
Not super sure whats going on here. Guess I'm just real excited to go to church.
So this last picture? I was going to delete it but there's a story. We were waiting in line to go to the service and once again, we were being the loud and proud Americans that we are. As I was taking this picture, a man bumped into me. And this is the conversation that ensued.
Man: "Oh sorry love I didn't mean to. I hope I didn't ruin the picture."
Me: "It's ok, I got it."
Man: "Oh you're American?"
Me: "Yep." (totally expected him to hate on us..)
Man: "Brilliant! Well keep smiling!"
It took me 3 seconds to realize what he had just said as he was walking away. So I just yelled back "AH THATS THE NAME OF MY BLOG." He turned around and waved and had the biggest smile on his face and walked away. It made my life.
Keep Smiling,
-Maddie



No comments:
Post a Comment