As a 19 year old, I feel like someone is jerking me back and forth. One minute they need me to be an adult and make some big, life altering decision and then at the same time they expect me to ask permission to use the restroom. I'm tired of this. I know I'm not an adult. I don't pay my own bills. I couldn't last a week without my mom or dad telling me what to do.
But do you guys remember Twilight? Don't lie. I know you do. Bella was 18 when she made all these decisions and look where she ended up. Her 18 year old mind was convinced that what she wanted in that moment was what she was going to want forever. I don't know how someone can be so complacent about their self destruction. Haha listen to me. If you can remember 7th grade me, you'll know that I ate, slept, and breathed Twilight. And I thought I was going to love it forever. I wasn't going to be satisfied until I had married a vampire of my own. It's sad I know. It was a dark time.
With one college acceptance under my belt, the wold is a more beautiful place. But don't get me wrong. My stress level is at approximately 573953. So yay. I don't know. This post didn't really have a purpose. I just needed to say that. If graduation could be now that would be great.
Speaking of graduation, I used to think that I wouldn't be able to get through the ceremony without sobbing like a baby because I love my class so much. Yeah thats not going to happen. I love my class but its not as if I'll never see them again. I can guarantee you that within a week of graduation, we'll all see each other at least 6 times because thats how we roll. Anyway, at graduation its going to be really hard to contain myself when they call my name to get that really nice piece of card-stock with my name on it. I always picture myself sprinting headlong down the stage, grabbing the diploma, and running out the door so they can't take it back.
And thats all I have to say about that.
Here is some encouragement if you're feeling down: if you're feeling bad about yourself, just know that I toured Buckingham Palace in flip flops and cut off jorts, and you didn't. #America
Speaking of graduation, I used to think that I wouldn't be able to get through the ceremony without sobbing like a baby because I love my class so much. Yeah thats not going to happen. I love my class but its not as if I'll never see them again. I can guarantee you that within a week of graduation, we'll all see each other at least 6 times because thats how we roll. Anyway, at graduation its going to be really hard to contain myself when they call my name to get that really nice piece of card-stock with my name on it. I always picture myself sprinting headlong down the stage, grabbing the diploma, and running out the door so they can't take it back.
And thats all I have to say about that.
Here is some encouragement if you're feeling down: if you're feeling bad about yourself, just know that I toured Buckingham Palace in flip flops and cut off jorts, and you didn't. #America
Keep Smiling!
-Maddie

No comments:
Post a Comment