Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dear Lizzie

Ok so this post has an actual purpose. Unlike my other ones. This week at my school the girls did the super generic Secret Santa. Gifts of fuzzy socks, sparkly nailpolish, and those little bottles of handsanitizer that smell like you shoved Yankee Candle into them were all being unsheathed from their cocoons of tissue paper. Giggles and squeals filled the hallway (because we only have one).

When you pull a name out of the Secret Santa hat, you're confronted with two possibilities. You get either someone you know too well or you get the person that you just yelled at in the hallway for standing in front of your locker. I pulled out a girls name, looked at it, and knew this was going to be awesome. I sit next to her in class, make faces at her, and she just gets me. Then I panicked. What the heck do I get her? So, being the super stealthy being that I am, I proceeded to bombard her with questions of what she wanted for Christmas. She guessed right away that I was her not so Secret Sanrta. Crap.

So I still tried to be quiet about what I was going to get her. I know for a fact that she loves a good Irish accent (who doesn't?) and super emotional music. So I got her the movie Leap Year and burned her a cd of the most emotional music I could find. If you can make it through that cd without shedding a tear, then you have got some serious issues. Anyway, what I put at the bottom of the card was something along the lines of "your real gift isn't coming until later."

Well, here's your gift.

I know I spoiled the Secret Santa but I wanted to surprise you with something.

Dear Lizzie,
Right now you're with your dad and a bunch of other nerds fangirling over The Hobbit. So here I am, writting you a letter thats supposed to be your Christmas present. PLEASE don't think this is lame. Here goes.
I'm so glad that you came to our school in 9th grade. I'm so thankful that I have someone to appreciate the beauty of an Irish accent or Mark Whalberg. Sometimes when the day keeps dragging on or it just sucks, you're always there to cheer me up without fail. I can be myself around you and you're always 100% ok with faces, noises, or stupid things I do and you do them on the spot with me.  Lets not forget the fact that we're in highschool and we still melt like butter when we hear a 1D song. Doctor Who, math class, and Darth Batman. Theres so much more I could say, but it all seems to be evading my mind. Although I do have this to say: JIGGLE JIGGLE JIGGLE yeah. Please get that, or I'm just going to look super creeptastic.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS LIZZIE.

Keep Smiling
-Maddie


1 comment:

  1. Lizzie sounds like a great friend except for the 1D jazzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete